We've had several questions asked of us since we started our farm/website/blog....so here are the anxiously awaited answers to your burning questions:
1. How much of your land do you farm? Our website says that we have 52 acres, but not all of that is farmed. We have about 5 acres of produce.
2. Will you get honey from the bees? Yes, eventually. Probably next year.
3. Do you get stung by the bees? No, we haven't yet. Alex, Michael and Audrey are the main caretakers, and I do believe Alex has gotten stung once. They tell me that since the bees are new here, they are confused and getting used to their surroundings. Once the bees are more established, they will become more aggressive.
4. Who takes the pictures and writes the blog? Me, Cindy. Not that I don't do other work on the farm. It just seems to be coincidence that when we get out in the field and start working, I have to head back the long distance to the house to get my camera. And it was only once or twice that my camera wasn't charged up so I stayed in the house to charge it up...it doesn't take more than a half-hour or so. But I do work. Hard.
5. Do you grow everything from seed? Yes. Many crops are planted right in the ground from seed. Some that require more attention have been started from seed at the Arnold house and tended to under lights until the plants are big enough and the time is right to plant.
Thank you for your questions, and keep them coming!